Minutes 5th September 2016

Lower Bullingham Parish Council Minutes
Held on Monday 5th September 2016 at 7.30pm at The Forge- Holme Lacy Road

Present: Cllr Nigel Jones (NJ) Chairman, Cllr Peter Greenow, (PG) Vice Chairman, Cllr David Whurr, (DW) & Cllr Andrew Fisher (AF) Barbara Frankham,
In attendance Parish Clerk – Kath Greenow, Ward Cllr D Summers
Representatives from Herefordshire Council Miread Lane & Mark Edwards

1. Apologies for absence:
Cllr Dave Bowlzer. (DB) Cllr Nick Barrow, (NB)

2. To co-opt members to fill current vacancies
No co – options took place

3. Declarations of interested. PG declared in non-prejudicial interest on agenda item 14. Finance 14.3 Clerks reimbursements postage & Stationary.

4. To approve & sign minutes of The Parish Council Meeting held on 7th July 2016
It was RESOLVED: to agree and sign the minutes of The Parish Council Meeting held on 7th July 2016 as a true record of the meeting
At this point in the meeting the Chairman brought forward agenda item 7.

5. Open Session:

5.1 To receive views of local residents on parish matters – No parishioners present
5.2 Ward Cllr report
Ward Cllrs had no report to give to PC

6. Clerks report on action items
Clerk reported back on the overgrown hedgerow issues in parts of the parish and advised that a letter had gone to Mr Carl Williams requesting him to cut back overgrown hedgerows that were causing a problem to traffic on the highway at Ridgehill and Redbrook areas where he owns land. To date no work has been carried out and the clerk advised that Balfour Beatty now needed to issue enforcement notices to the landowner to get the hedgerows attend too.

7. To receive a report from representative of Balfour Beatty regarding Phase 2 of Holme Lacy traffic management scheme
Miread Lane outlined the South Wye Transport package proposals, which included further traffic management proposals on Holme Lacy road.
There is a preview exhibition evening taking place on 13/09/2016 at The Three Counties between 6pm and 9pm of which the parish councillors have been invited to attend
A consultation period of 6 weeks will be taking place from 25/10/016.
It is envisaged that the SWTP will reduce congestion, enable access to Hereford Enterprise Zone, reduce growth in emissions and traffic noise, reduce accidents and encourage physical activity. The package comprises of a new Southern Link Road and a package of complimentary active travel measures. Planning permission was recently granted for the Southern Link Road and the project delivery continues. The Council is now committed to progressing the complementary active travel measures in the South Wye Area.
The SWTP will be delivered via Capital funding.

Cllrs raised concerns that the Holme Lacy road traffic improvements had been merged into the South Wye Transport Package and were frustrated that the PC had been told when they had had previous meetings with the representative ML that the Holme Lacy road traffic improvement scheme would be a phased scheme.
Only Phase 1 has been undertaken to date of which the PC had concerns with regarding the siting of the bus shelter and the cycle way pavement markings put down, which ML advised she would investigate and report back to the PC clerk on. Cllrs also requested a breakdown of costings for phase 1 .ML to send information to the clerk
Cllrs also highlighted that there was a condition placed on the planning permission granted for the relief road which is now in use, however to date this condition relating to traffic management improvements on Holme Lacy road had not been fully complied with to date. The condition placed on the planning permission granted states that “before the development hereby approved is commenced a scheme of traffic calming and weight restriction shall be prepared and adopted and a time frame agreed in writing with the local planning authority for Holme Lacy road between the A9(T) and Hereford- Abergavenny railway line bridge .The timeframe for implementation shall realise implementation of the scheme within one year of the first use of the new access road by Vehicular traffic ( excluding construction traffic”.
Reason to ensure the proper planning and implementation of the development in accordance with the approved scheme. “
Cllrs would discuss the SWTP proposals at the next PC meeting and submit their comments on the consultation

8. Lengthsman

8.1 To identify work to be carried out by lengthsman
It was RESOLVED: that the lengthsman carry out grass cutting of the designated areas in the parish and attend to overhanging hedgerow branches on the triangular area at Ridgehill where the parish council noticeboard is sited.
Inspection of the parish ditches required and a report to be submitted to the clerk prior to the next PC meeting by the lengthsman.
8.2 To identify P3 work to be carried out by lengthsman
It was RESOVLED: that No further work had been identified.

9. Highways Issues

9.1 To consider road issues for reporting to Balfour Beatty
The clerk was asked to ask Balfour Beatty to issue enforcement notices to the landowner with regard to overgrown hedgerows at Ridgehill and Redbrook areas where he owns land.
9.2 To consider letter from Parishioner concerning street signage re St Vincent’s close
It was RESOLVED: that the clerk contact the B/B locality officer requesting the sign is replaced at St Vincent’s Close. The sign needs to read as follows “St Vincent’s Close leading to The Willows”. Clerk to report back next meeting

10. To receive and update on The Centenary Fields Programme – protecting valuable green space across the Country (Greenway at the end of Goodwin Way)
The clerk advised that as the PC didn’t own the land (Greenway at the end of Goodwin Way) the PC could not progress with the application to protect the area concerned.
It was RESOLVED: not to continue with the application to The Centenary Fields Programme

11. Neighbourhood development plan

11.1 To consider approval of revised draft of Lower Bullingham Neighbourhood Development plan, basic conditions statement and consultation statement for regulation 16 submission.
It was RESOVLED: to approve the revised NDP and to submit the Approved NDP, basic conditions statement, consultation statement and associated documentation as provided by Herefordshire Council Neighbourhood Planning Team to Herefordshire Council Neighbourhood planning for regulation 16 submission.

12. Enterprize Zone

12.1 To note invitation from EZ to Sustainable Travel drop in day 19/09/2016 7.30am -6.30
pm Business Solutions Centre Skylon Court Coldnose road Rotherwas
Information. Noted PG attending and will report back at next Meeting

13. Planning

13.1 To note planning permission granted/refused by HFDC since last meeting.
Planning permissions refused by HFDC since last meeting:
161821 -White House Green Crize Hereford – proposed ground floor and first floor extension
Refusal of certificate of lawful use or development
160624 – Mr S Williams Wyeside Eign Outfall Works Road Hereford HR1 1XY
Planning permission granted since last meeting:
153148 Rotherwas Service Station Holme Lacy Road Hereford HR2 6BQ
Proposed replacement of service station sales building by a new building, retaining the existing building for storage. Providing new wash bays to replace existing facilities.
151314 Existing roundabout junctions of the (A 49T) and B4399 to a new roundabout with A465, then joining the B4349 -New single carriageway (Southern Link Road) and associated works.
161825- Unit 1 Holme Lacy Industrial estate, Holme Lacy road Hereford HR2 6DR -Proposed change of use to A1 from B1

13.2 To consider commenting on planning application:
162288 Camp Farm Axford Lane Dinedor Hereford
Description: Proposed general purpose agricultural shed for land maintenance vehicles
Applicant; Mr A Thomas
It was RESOLVED: to SUPPORT the application. The Parish Council request that a condition is placed on the planning permission if granted that the building is used for agricultural use only. The PC would also comment that the plan should be to the scale of the size of the holding
13.3 To consider commenting on planning application:
162135 The Pastures, Lower Bullingham Hereford
Description: Proposed single storey side extension
Applicant: Mrs R Fuller
It was RESOVLED: to SUPPORT the application.

14. Finance

14.1 To note completion of external audit by Grant Thornton
The completion of the external audit was noted. No action was required by the PC in the external auditor’s report
14.2 To note bank balance
Bank balance noted as main a/c £31131.31
Community a/c £5072.70
14.3 To consider invoices/reimbursements for payment
It was RESOLVED: to pay the following invoices:
BOSS -Parish Council laptop £630.00
Clerk reimbursement of postage £12.36
Clerk reimbursement for stationary £17.36
Grant Thornton External Auditors fee £120.00
Lengthsman invoices TGC 1734 £332.40, TGC1761 £272.40 = £604.80
P3 TGC 1797 =£240.00

15. Correspondence
All correspondence received has been sent to Cllrs in their agenda packs or emailed as appropriate

15.1 To consider nomination of Cllr to HALC executive
It was RESOLVED to nominate BF to HALC executive
15.2 To note HALC information corner & training and book as appropriate
Information corner and training noted.
15. Matters raised for consideration for placing on the next meeting’s agenda. (No discussion)
South Wye Transport Package

16. Next Meeting– Parish Council Meeting at The Forge Holme Lacy Road
Monday 3rd October at 7.30pm